Collecting your data
- when do we collect your data?
- what data do we collect?
- legal permission to process your data
Storing and using your data
- how is your data stored
- is your data safe
- sharing your data
- how long do we keep your data
- your right to be informed
- your right of access
- your right of rectification
- your right to erasure
- your right to withdraw consent
Questions or complaints
Collecting your data
When do we collect your data?
There may be several times during our interactions with you when we may collect information about you:
- when you contact us to enquire about a product or service either by telephone, online or in person
- when you make a purchase and pay for a product
- when you use the workshop or repair service.
What data do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you make an enquiry, this can include:
- Address and telephone number
- Email address
- Your company name and address
When you order and pay for your product or service we collect additional information including:
- Your bank or credit card details
Legal permission to process your data
Data protection law in the UK has been strengthened to give you more control over how your personal information is used.
Companies must have a lawful reason to collect and hold your information. There are 3 main reasons that allow us to legitimately process your data:
- ContractIf you purchase a product from Propex Heating and Leisure, this forms a contract between us. In order to fulfil this contract – to provide your product and take payment – it is necessary for us to process your data. If you enquire about a product or service, this is the first step towards entering into a contract with us, even if you don’t make an order with us at the time.
- Legitimate InterestSometimes we need to process your data in order to run our business effectively. For example, we might contact you to tell you about changes to safety regulations that could affect your use of a product etc.
- ConsentIf we are not processing your data for reasons of Contract or Legitimate Interest, we can do so with your consent – for example if you have ticked a box saying you would like to receive an email newsletter from us.
Further information on all the reasons allowed by law for processing personal data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website:
Storing and using your data
How is your data stored?
We collect your data when we speak to you on the phone or in person or correspond with you by email or letter.
We record your personal details and information about the products you have purchased or enquired about on our secure Sage 50 database. Some information may also be stored on our server, for example payment records or copies of emails.
We may also hold information about you on paper, for example workshop booking forms, job sheets, or other correspondence.
Is your data safe?
Data security is a vital part of our business, and we protect all the data we hold, including your personal information.
Propex Heatsource has a comprehensive Data Protection Policy covering all aspects of data security. All our staff are signatories to this policy and are fully trained in data security. The policy covers the following areas to offer you the strongest protection for your information:
- Electronic data storage – including security software and firewalls, password protection, anonymisation, encryption.
- Paper data storage – including secure file storage , clean desk policy, shredding.
- Sending data within the business – including encryption, password protection.
- Deletion – including timeframes for deleting unnecessary personal data.
- Financial transactions – including safe storage and deletion of payment records.
Sharing your data
We protect your information by never passing it on to third parties without your consent.
When processing card payments we will need to share relevant data with the Card Merchant, this data is encrypted, and transactions and processes covered by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your data for as long as it needed for the purpose that it was collected. We do this in accordance with the data retention principles of the ICO’s data protection guide.
These are some examples of why we may be retaining your data:
- If you purchase a product from us, we will keep your record on our database so that we can maintain a history of transactions and repairs and make future purchases quicker.
- We also keep a record of our financial transactions with you for our tax records
- If we hold your data because you have asked to receive an email newsletter, we will keep your contact details until you unsubscribe.
You have rights over your personal data, and Propex heating and Leisure are committed to respecting these rights and answering any queries or requests you might have about them.
Full details of your rights and how to make requests can be found on the ICO website but this is how we deal with your rights over the data we hold.
Your right to be informed
Your right of access
You have the right to access all the personal information we hold about you. You can request this by emailing and we will confirm if we are processing your data and provide access to all the data we hold. We will respond to a request for access within one month.
Your right of rectification
If there are mistakes in the information we hold about you, you can ask to have inaccurate personal data corrected, or completed if it is incomplete. We will respond to a request for rectification within one month.
Your right to erasure
This is also known as the “right to be forgotten” and you can ask to have your personal data deleted.
You can ask for this if we only hold your data because you consented to receive marketing information such as email newsletters from us.
Your right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to use your personal information, for example to send you communications about special offers or email newsletters, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
All communications that we send you will contain “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” options to make this easy for you.
If we have a contract with you, you can withdraw your consent for marketing communications, but we will still be able to contact you as part of that contract – for example to let you know that a product you use is due for a service.
If you are concerned about the way we are handling your data, or you feel that we have not answered your questions or requests properly, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Call: 0303 123 1113 or visit the Report a Concern section of their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Propex Heating and Leisure Ltd
B3 Platinum Jubilee Business Park
Telephone 01425 486950